2 posts tagged healthy pizza
Oatmeal Crust Toppings:
- 1 cup dried oats (instant or rolled ok)
- 1/2 cup egg whites (you can also use 2 whole eggs)
- 1 TBS ground flax seed
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup water (approximate)
Mexican Pizza Toppings:
- a handful of almond cheese (you can get this in the vegetarian section at Whole Foods)
- 1/2 cup mango salsa
- some Gimmelean vegetarian sausage bits
- 2 roma tomatoes sliced thinly
- purple onion
-Mix crust ingredients in a bowl and let sit for 5 min
-Pour onto a pan on medium heat. Spray with some PAM or olive oil
-Let it harden. If possible, try to flip over
-Then place your mango salsa on top, the cheese, the tomatoes, and then the sausage
-Put the heat on low and cover with a top
-Let sit for a few minutes until cheese melts
-Then slide out of the pan onto a plate or serving tray. Pretty easy.
You’re done! That’s it. I used salsa because I ran out of marina. You also don’t have to use these vegetarian ingredients. I was just trying to use up stuff laying around so that’s what I came up with. I think the crust needs some tweaking but it worked! I wanted it to be harder and crispier, so maybe less water next time? Either way, I had a couple friends over and they thought it tasted good. Or at least that’s what they told me…
“HEALTHIEST PIZZA IN THE WORLD” RECIPE
So I was fooling around in my kitchen the other day and actually made something quite divine. I was able to figure out a way to make pizza with all Blogilates-approved ingredients. That’s right. There was no mozzarella cheese, no oil, no bread. It was low cal, low carb, and highly nutritious. “What!?” you say?
It was totally LEGIT.
“HEALTHIEST PIZZA IN THE WORLD” CRUST INGREDIENTS:
- 1/4 cup dry oats
- 1 TBS ground flax seed
- 1 egg
“HEALTHIEST PIZZA IN THE WORLD” TOPPINGS
- 4 TBS marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup nonfat/lowfat cottage cheese
- sprinkles of frozen spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- several pieces of jalapeno
- any other veggie or lean protein you want to add - mushrooms, onions, olives and chicken breast are all great choices
1. In a tin pan, mix up the oats, egg, and flax seed until it covers the bottom of a tin pan. I used a pie tin pan. No oil required! Place in oven at 350F for about 15-20 min until firm.
2. In the mean time, microwave the frozen spinach. Once thawed, pour out excess water and pat dry with paper towel.
3. Also, squeeze the cottage cheese curds with a cheese cloth or a few layers of paper towel. You want to get all of the water out so that it doesn’t make you pizza soggified.
4. Chop your desired veggies.
5. Once crust is firm, take the crust out of the oven. Slather with tomato sauce.
6. Then pile on the cottage cheese and veggies!
7. Place back in oven for about 15-20 min keeping temp at 350F. You can do 375F if you like your crust crispy.
8. Once your ticker dings, take out, slice and enjoy. YOU CAN DEFINITELY EAT THE WHOLE THING :)
About 300 calories for you own whole pizza pie…nearly 30g of protein and 8g of fiber. WOW is right. You need to try this! It’s one of my best creations to date!!!
Reblog and share the joy of clean eating! Seriously guys, this is phenomenal!!!