21 posts tagged fitness fashion
Hey POPsters! I just designed some new inspirational tanks for the shop. Which one is your fave? Reblog and lemme know! Also lemme know if there’s something you want me to make for you! <3 Cassey
See more pics here: http://www.ogorgeous.com/products/just-in
OMG you have to see these leggings…you just have to. I. Just. Can’t.
Would you ever wear these???
Fitness Fashion Haul! Check out these crazy pants. Do you like them or not?
You’ve gotta see these cute clothes I got. You’re gonna die!!!!
Blogilates Booty Shorts! Oh yeah. That’s right. JUST IN. There’s five fruity flavors. This one is bananas. Shop here.
D.I.Y. Racerback Workout Shirt
- Old t-shirt (I used my old college tshirt! We were Home of the Fighting Poets. Hahahahaha. How threatening :P)
- Pair of scissors
TIME: 15 min
1. Cut away the crew neck the sleeves and the bottom. For the sleeves, you will want to start at the shoulder (you decide how thick you want the strap to be) and cut straight into the chest area. Then curve. If you curve the whole way, it’s gonna look weird on you. If you have no idea what I am talking about, no worries, just follow the tutorial, you can always snip away later. Tr to follow my pictures.
2. Clean up the edges. Decide how low you want the neckline to be.
3. Turn the shirt to the back and make a narrower racerback. Then cut a deep V.
4. Take the bottom edge of the shirt that you cut off and cut the seams off so that you’re just left with fabric.
5. Stretch it like a maniac. This is fun.
6. You’re left with a really cool noodle thing. It’s really long too!
7. About 2” above the bottom of the V tie a know with one edge of the noodle.
8. Wind it round ‘n round, then double knot it at the other end too. Cut off loose ends.
9. To make this a hi-low top, lay your shirt sideways and flat. Then starting at about 4-5” from the front center of the shirt start diagonally cutting down til you reach the back. You’ll want to cut straight for a bit at the front center then start creating the diagonal or else you’re gonna get a weird arrow shape with you open up.
DONE! Start pulling at the fabric to make rough edges go curly and to make your tank longer.
Wear with a bright bra to make it pop!
Oh and be sure to be the first to pin this to Pinterest! GO!
ALO SPORT is on sale at IDEELI!!!
This is a seriously good brand with GREAT quality. I aint talking no cotton pants that look cute but your bright orange thong shows through when you stretch your glutes. This is the real deal. GET IT NOW!!! SALE ENDS TOMORROW!!!!!!! I actually have that pink bra and it is deliciously CUTE!
Click here and go to WOMEN > ALO SPORT
GET YOUR FITNESS FASHION ONNNNN
Fitness fashion view of Lorna Jane! They’re like Lululemon from Down Under. You can see my complete photostory here.
What do you think, do you like the clothes?
NEW VIDEO!!! Here’s my vid modeling the FitActivewear sports bra and shorts! Make sure to post your comment to this blog entry right here <—- to win up to $100!
FIT ACTIVEWEAR GIVEAWAY!!!! 3 winners this time :) I’m doing this to help you stay motivated on the 90 Day Challenge!
* $100 GRAND PRIZE shopping spree at FitActivewear!!! (1 winner)
* A pair of Mini Fit Booty Shorts (1 winner) Those are the shorts I’m wearing! I honestly think these are the perfect length for booty shorts. Wide waist band is comfortable and forgiving.
* The One Shouldered Sports Bra (1 winner) LOVE LOVE LOVE the asymmetrical design! Funky.
Are you crazy excited!!???!! Cuz I am!!! Here’s what you have to do to be entered. Super easy ok!
1. Go to FitActivewear’s Facebook fanpage and give ‘em a “LIKE”
2. Then “LIKE” the Blogilates Facebook Fan page
3. Make sure you’re already signed up to receive my newsletters HERE where I’ll be announcing the winner. (It’s a new one, you’ll actually get emails this time!)
4. COMMENT HERE and tell me:
a) Which do you like better – bra or booty shorts?
b) What motivates you to eat clean and workout hard?Good luck everyone! I am so happy we get to pick 3 winners this time! Yayayayayay!
Note: Open to US and International fans worldwide! We will be checking both fan pages and the newsletter email directory when picking a winner. So please make sure you follow the above steps very carefully! Winners will be selected randomly. Contest ends on Friday Nov 4, 2011 at 11:59PM PST.
NUX is the brand I wore in my Fashion of Fitness videos!
The sale ends in 12 hours! OMG hurry, but it now right here.
CUTE WORKOUT CLOTHES FOR UNDER $25? YEAHHH!!
I know a lot of you think fitness clothes are just TOO EXPENSIVE. But good brands like Lulu, Body Language, ALO, MPG, etc. are priced this way for a reason! They stretch, keep their shape, are sweat-wicking, non-see-thru, they last, and are colorfast. However, I understand your pain. Lululemon charges an average of $100 for a pair of pants! And yes, you must have more than one It gets pricey fast. Really fast.
One of my recommendations for shopping QUALITY name brands for way under MSRP are your local brick and mortar stores. Great places to get fashionable activewear for cheap are Ross, Marshalls, TJ Maxx (TK Maxx for my European fans), Nordstrom Rack, and the clearance rack of department stores if you get lucky. Macy’s is a good one.
But for those of us who don’t like real life shopping and prefer pushing a mouse to pushing a cart, here are some workout clothes I came across while browsing Amazon last night. These pieces are affordable, fashionable, and won’t empty your wallet. This is what I found. Click on photos to enlarge.
Not bad huh? Which piece do you like the best? There’s some Champion, Under Armour, Zohba, Athleta, FitCouture, and American Apparel sprinkled in there. I can’t vouch for the pants though – not sure if they pass the “squat test” but everything here looks very cute nonetheless!
Do you have a fave activewear brand? Or do you just mix and match everything? Tell me in the comments!
PS: Last day for 20% off Body Language using the coupon code “BLOGILATES” at checkout. Free domestic shipping and cheap $13 shipping international! If for some reason you have probs with shipping, email firstname.lastname@example.org and he will fix it for you promptly! Also, take a look at the winner of the Body Language Giveaway, POPster Helen! Isn’t she cute? I’m loving the coral and black!
GUYS! It’s giveaway time!
If you want to win a WHOLE WORKOUT OUTFIT from Body Language (one of my fave activewear lines - for real guys, for real) then all you have to do are the following things:
1. Like my fan page here
2. Like Body Language’s fan page here
OK got it? :)
If you clicked on #3 you saw my new blog design on wordpress! There is an EXTENSIVE video library there as well as some interactive music playlists. Great resources for you. OF COURSE I will still be tumblring around here!!! No worries. Love the fit community and will still share my recipes, workouts, and printables. Dur!
But go onto the new Blogilates.com to see what I’ve worked soooo hard on the past couple of weeks! My address at tumblr is blogilates.tumblr.com just so you know.
Let me know what you think! :)
REALLY GOOD DEAL on some shape enhancing activewear from Marika Magic!
I’m talking $19 capris (reg price $55) and $17 (reg price $48) sports bras that are extremely good quality. A lot of you always ask me for more affordable activewear options and let me tell you, this is what I call getting value. Aint no WalMart brand cotton capris that will leave baggy knees after a sesh at the gym. This is the expensive stuff on sale.
If you’ve been looking for a new activewear wardrobe or some fitness fashion inspiration to look cuter and work out harder at the gym, start here!
This line is called Marika Magic because it is designed to really contour your body and “suck you in” while still being breathable and comfortable. This stuff usually costs a lot. TRUST ME WHEN I SAY IT’S A GREAT DEAL. When I was working in corporate america back a year ago at a big fashion retail company, I dealt with lots and lots of Marika. So I know my Marika.
The sale ends on Sat Oct 1st and is hosted by HauteLook. It’s kinda of like a RueLaLa, an online sample sale. Me likes a good sample sale :)
Click here to go directly to the sale! You have to sign up, but seriously, so worth it.
Thanks to Noelle from Facebook for sharing with me!
How to Dress like Jillian Michaels
I was inspired to do this after I got some cool cropped sweat pants. The only thing I could think of was “this is so Jillian Michaels”. I guess that’s the only thing I think of when I see cropped sweat pants. Ha. So I gathered some of my other Jillian-esque goods and filmed this review vid.
Also, gonna take a moment to ask: do you know that I have 3 YouTube Channels?
Please sub to all 3.
1. The POP Pilates Channel was the first one I uploaded. Sub here.
2. BlogilatesTV channel is where the cooking and workouts where you can choose your own music happen. Also will be uploading more HIIT style workouts on there. Sub here.
3. Then I have Fashion of Fitness which is a new channel. Sub here.
I’d appreciate if you could sub to all 3 - it really helps me make more vids for you guys. Consider as your “thank you” to me. No tips. Don’t send me gifts or money :) just subscribe. That’s all.
Ok and here’s where to get the clothes featured:
MPG Cropped sweat pants, $48, XS: http://www.activewearusa.com/store/pc/MPG-Sport-Celeste-LB12-496p18946.htm
MPG White hoodie, $72, XS: http://www.activewearusa.com/store/pc/MPG-Sport-Paragon-LT57-491p18781.htm
NUX Serena Seamless Foldover crops, $52, small: http://www.activewearusa.com/store/pc/NUX-USA-Serena-Foldover-Crop-Pants-P066-611p26163.htm
MPG Eris Black sports bra, $17.50 on sale!, XS: http://us.webstore.mpgsport.com/p-8-eris.aspx
MPG black essential strap tank, $28, small: http://us.webstore.mpgsport.com/p-73-essential-strap-tank.aspx
ALO Pink Strappy Scoop Neck Bra, $36, small: http://www.activewearusa.com/store/pc/Alo-Activewear-Strappy-Scoop-Neck-Bra-W2169R-90p18180.htm
I got XS in MPG because they tend to run big on me. Thanks for watching and don’t forget to sub! What vid should I do next on my fashion channel?