High Protein Yogurt Oatcakes
I found this awesome low calorie high protein recipe for pancakes! Check it out and then try it for yourself. If you’re scared, do it with me - I just made them this morning and well, videotaped myself doing it. Great for breakfast and a eating about 2-3 hrs before you workout for energy. Check my “food bites” section for the cooking video. Here’s the youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA7s3JyHaps
Makes four servings of three pancakes (3-4”)
- 1 cup instant, one-minute, old fashioned, or steel cut Quaker oats*
- 6 egg whites
- 1 cup fat-free Greek Style yogurt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1T agave nectar, honey, maple syrup or sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and puree.
- Coat a hot pancake griddle or frying pan with a little butter, oil or a non-stick spray.
- Pour approximate 1/4 cup of batter to make a 3-4” pancake. Flip over once the batter starts to bubble.
*Quaker Oats are the same nutritionally. They roll the oats thinner to make them faster cooking. So steel cut isn’t better than old fashioned or instant.
Approximate nutritional Information for 3 pancakes (1 serving)
Each pancake is one Weight Watcher POINT.
Calories – 136
Fat – 12 calories, 2g
Fiber – 1g
Protein – 11g
Carbs – 21g
Sugars – 9g
Here’s the link to where I got the recipe: